Gortnor Abbey Parents' Association 2022
We would encourage as many parents to support the Parents’ Council as possible by attending events we organise, supporting fundraising initiatives and donating raffle prizes/sponsorship where possible. The whole school community, of which you are part, will benefit and it sends a signal to our children that their education is important to us.
What is the Gortnor Abbey Parents' Association role?
- Providing support to the Principal and teachers
- Acting as a contact point between parents and the school
Representing the views of parents, e.g. by having an
- input into school policies etc.
- Ensuring that parents are represented at all levels in the consultative process of school development planning and decision-making.
- Organising speakers to present to groups of parents on various topics relevant to raising teenagers
- Organising speakers to present to the pupils from time to time on relevant topics
- Reviewing and giving feedback to the school management on proposed new polices
- Supporting specific school initiatives where possible with prizes, hampers or volunteering
- Discussing and bringing forward to school management if appropriate
items/topics brought to our attention by other parents
We are always open to ideas from parents on how we can help to enhance the school experience for all involved and would welcome your thoughts or suggestions on same.
You can contact us via the school by
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org marking the email for the attention of the Parents’Council. Thank you for your support.