Welcome to the Gortnor Abbey website. We are a Christian Co-educational Secondary School based in Crossmolina Co. Mayo. In keeping with the Jesus and Mary Ethos, we are committed to the holistic development of each individual in our community by empowering each person to grow in justice, honesty, respect and loyalty to self, family, school and community. We aim to help all students to achieve full potential at their studies and do that by providing an atmosphere where religious belief, a sense of responsibility, self- confidence, self-esteem and self-identity are developed. We promote an appreciation of Heritage, Culture and the Environment through encouraging participation in all facets of school life – spiritual, academic, sporting, social and cultural.
Gortnor Abbey Admissions
Gortnor Abbey Secondary School is a non-fee paying, grant-aided co-educational Voluntary Secondary School under the trusteeship of The Le Chéile Schools Trust.
Our Application Procedure
Enrolment application forms are available to download on our website, to return via email, or at other times from the school office.
Completed application forms must be returned to the school office by a date to be decided in each calendar year. This date will be clearly indicated on the enrolment form.
Our enrolment policy is available on our website and we encourage you to become familiar with our procedures.
Required information from Parents/Guardians:
- Pupil’s Name, Address, Date of Birth, Nationality and Ethnicity, Religious affiliation, PPS Number, Long form of Birth Certificate, medical card if family or pupil is the holder of one
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) Names, Addresses and telephone numbers (including work numbers)
- Restrictions regarding pick-up rights
- Mother’s maiden name
- Mother tongue
- Emergency telephone contact number
- Any special medical condition/need
- Details of any disability or special educational needs
- Primary school(s) attended
- Siblings currently attending Gortnor Abbey